LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:28 pm 
da LUV masta

Hey everyone,
My friend Nick and I are going to tackle the fun exciting job of installing a set of air cylinders on his wifes eclipse. They bolt in in place of the stock struts, then you run the air lines, wiring, mount the valves, tank, and compressor and wire up the switch box. The kit comes with a big fat box full of washers, nuts, bolts and nylon spacers, various bushings, etc. We can do the install, its just that we DON'T HAVE ANY INSTRUCTIONS!!!. I know what you guys are thinking "who needs instructions anyways?" We need them though. We need to get it done in 1 1/2 days. My wife is out of town for the weekend with her mom, and his wife has agreed to let him out of the house to drive the 30 miles to my house to stay the night saturday and get it done (she doesn't know we're getting drunk and watching Eddie Murphy's "Delirious.") Does anyone know where we can find some install instructions online? We have found some for a typical install, but nothing car specific. We need this by Friday, 10/10/03. That is tomorrow. Please help if possible.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:35 pm 
Well my only suggestion is to 1. Call the company and see if they may be able to fax or email instructions to you or 2. call the parts store that you bought them from and have them give you instructions from another set up and have them get the instructions for the next person.
I have had that happen a couple of time before and mast places are usually nice enough just to give you the instructions from another box.
Well just my two pennies
Later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:45 pm 
da LUV masta

The only problem is that the shop he bought them from last year closed down and the owner skipped town because he was a dumbass who owes people money. We do not have a clue what brand they are. The shop was supposed the buy and install them. Nick didn't really care what brand they were or about instructions, since he was paying "professionals" to deal with it. But, thanks for the input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:31 pm 
ive seen it done u dont really need instructions where are u stuck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:20 pm 
da LUV masta

We haven't started it yet, we are going to do it this weekend. We are pretty confident that we can figure it out, we were just hoping to find some instructions just to make sure we don't f*ck it up. It is his wifes car and she would KILL him if we messed it up or didn't get it done this weekend. I have 2 friends who have done them before or at least seen them done before, so they are going to be our lifelines. One is in Portland, OR (about 280 miles away) so we get to play phone tag with him all weekend. I think we will be Ok, I just wanted to see if anyone may have had something I could use. THanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:51 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

How did it turn out? No one died I hope :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:25 pm 
da LUV masta

y oui';ll ha ve 2 f or give me,, I am t ypi ng wi t onl y 8. 5 f i nge rs. W e ha d a acc id ente!! Th e c a r fel l o nme!

JK, My friend Nick is finishing up as I type this!
We got half way into it and realized a couple things;
1) The bolts we had were too long- had to buy shorter ones
2) The fittings we had were 3/8, we needed 1/2- had to buy bigger ones
3) Your ass gets really sore sitting on ice cold concrete for 2 days!!!

We got it all put together last night about 10pm. It was 36 degrees and a little windy (over here in Oregon.) We were almost done when we lost the compression fitting for the line that goes to the air compressor. So, we had to wait until today to go the the plumbing store to buy the fitting. Nick is finishing that part of it up and when I get off work at 7:30 (15 minutes away) I am going to help him wire up the switch box. We took some before pics and as soon as we get done, I will take some more and show you guys. Thanks for the input, we were able to figure it out. How many monkeys does it take to figure out how to install an air rod kit?
4! :lol:

Thanks again,
Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:49 pm 
da LUV masta

IT WORKS! The system works great. I wired it all up with no problems. The car doesn't lay all the way down, but with a body kit it would. It gets about 2 inches off the ground. It turned out better than I thought. I didn't break anything and only had minimal extra parts! :lol: