LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Towing with a LUV
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:19 pm 
Can I safely tow and launch a 2,200 lb ski boat with a V8-powered LUV? I've got an s-10 rearend with 3.23 (or thereabouts) gears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:33 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i dont see why not.....a guy that fishes the weekly bass tournments here tows and launches a bass tracker boat with a sbc s-10.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:07 pm 
Japanese Redneck

I used to tow my 18' small block powered jet boat with my 4cyl toyota. I dont think it weighed that much but it towed fine... just didnt want to stop... lmake sure you hook up the trailer brakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:35 am 

I towed a 19' ski boat with my 2wd 4banger. It did a decent job. I wouldn't do it on a really long trip, but to the lake and back it worked OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:13 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i put a 1600 pound golf cart in the bed once. she ran pretty good. i didn't think it would handle the weight. i was wrong :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:54 pm 
this space for rent

the only thing i would be worried about is the light rear end of the luv. Just take it realy easy around corners and be carfull of jackknifing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:55 pm 
this space for rent

wait i just remebered why i had trouble towing 2400lbs whith my luv, i was using a towbar on another luv. the toungue wieght should make it nice and stable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:18 am 
I tow a 20ft Bayliner capri cuddy with my 4cyl Nissan, she groans, but does the job. Not because of the weight, but the lack of power. Which suprised me being that the Nissan is a 1/4 ton truck.
The Luv is a 1/2 ton, I'd go for it, just be sure to brake BEFORE the corners and not during them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:37 am 
[quote="MEPR"]wait i just remebered why i had trouble towing 2400lbs whith my luv, i was using a towbar on another luv. the toungue wieght should make it nice and stable.[/quote] So your saying that a tow bar is not the way to go?? I am wanting to tow my 80 Luv that is lifted and 33 in. tires with my stock 79 Luv with a tow bar. I just got done with all the welding.I sure hope it wasent a waste of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:08 am 
Thats all l use my luv's for is towing and l dont think nothing of putting two or three ton's behind them. ln fact l just got another two on saterday and l towed one of them home on a solo tow for just wait for it 500 miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:08 pm 
I loaded mine up to the top with rocks for my drive way and it did fine it stop a hole lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:08 pm 
I tow with my LUV every day it haul's ass it's just like an ant it will pull many times it's own weight you cant kill them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:49 am 
Ihave towed alot of 48' and 53' trailers with a 359pete ...but i have never towed a luv by a luv. Will i need to tie the stering wheel? Or how does all that work out?? I mounted a tow bar on my 80 that has a 1and 7/8 in. reciever. Thanks for any help in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:11 pm 
No you dont need to tie the steering weel it steers it's self it's great.
l dont go mutch faster than about 65 mph when towing with the solo tow. lt save's towing the wait of a trailer to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:39 am 
I did try it yesterday...and . well it made the rear tires want to slide around a bit in a turn. I didnt take it out on the highway yet...still not sure about it. i tried just around my house on a gravel road. Turning with it ...seemed the tires well follow most of the time , but once just going slow over a bump the tires on the one i was towing wanted to turn the wrong way. I also couldnt pull it without being locked into 4 wheel drive. Seemed that i need some weight in the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:43 pm 
Did'nt someone recently have a wipeout toeing something with a luv? I was thinking that someones dad got hurt.....hummmmm just wonderen!