LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:41 am 
Japanese Redneck

this is so stupid i have to laugh..... was in a huge hurry yesterday to be somewhere but I had to get my car smogged so i grab my check book and registration paperwork and I'm off to the "test only" smog station. well i walk in and give the paperwork to they smog tech who tells me he is a former referee for the state of CA. Great! that means he is a real stickler for the rules right? he walks outside and starts my car and puts it on the dyno.... when he pops the hood to hook it up... a feeling i can only describe as OH FOCK! comes over me as I realize that I FORGOT TO TAKE MY NITROUS SYSTEM OUT OF THE CAR!!!!! so what do i do? do i go out there and say something or do i just keep my mouth shut. ok so i am pacing around the waiting room and decide to just keep my mouth shut. If he asks, its a 50 state legal system but he is going to know i am full of shit anyway if he looks at it real close to see if I am wired into the factroy WOT switch. Still keeping my mouth shut. He will probably be too busy looking for the EO number on my headers to notice right? so anyway i am just sitting there watching out of the window of the waiting room and to my surprise, he looks down at the system and smiles and then shakes his head. then he proceeds to hook the car up to the machine and put the sniffer in. I am HOME FREE. he could have failed me right there on the visual inspection so the sight of him hooking it up is a good sign. anyway he runs the RPM up and then punches stuff into the computer and then walks in. He says... " that will be $58"... "This car is a real clean burner" . "congratulations, you pass!" Not once did he ever mention my system or my headers and neither did I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:53 am 
Addicted to LUV

Right on! I have nightmares about the same shit all the time. LOL! Nice to see maybe they aren't all pricks. I've always thought that as long as a car passes the sniffer, what's the difference what you have on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:06 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Was that the luv that you were getting smogged?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:29 pm 
Japanese Redneck

this was my Z28 that I was getting smogged. According to another fomer referree guy that I talked to, If I were to take my LUV in, with the BAR label certifying the motor swap, as long as I have the PCV hooked up like the label specifies to a motor that at least resembles a 327 (aka any displacement small block chevy), i could leave both stages on it and it would still pass visual... but I always take all that stuff off anyway.

Last edited by LUVSADRAG on Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:33 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Do they have to put the truck on the sniffer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:57 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

well I am glad we dont have that stuff down here YET .. the only thing we got to look out for is a couple of hot shot depuity sherriffs who try to ticket us for having ET STREETS on our trucks. He tryed to give me a ticket saying it was a drag slick, and that it didnt have at least 2/32 of tread all the way across. So bieng the upstanding citizen that I am I pulled out MY tread depth guage and proved him wrong!!! Then I could not help but ask him if my sherriff buddy still had his mustang, when he said yes I then told him that his rear tires were the same as MINE!!!! OH well enough ramblin on and on and on .....

Later Spanky

GOTTA GET A NEW LUV!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:46 am 
Japanese Redneck

rustobust wrote:
Do they have to put the truck on the sniffer

it depends on what the BAR label says the year of the motor is. My BAR label says 1964 327 so i am inclined to say no for mine. I usually just drop my truck off at my friends shop and he does the rest. I never really asked him if he hooks it up. My camaro on the other hand has to go to a test only station so i have to take it to somebody I dont know. I would swing by a smog place and ask the tech what he has to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:40 am 
Addicted to LUV

sounds like you got lucky. it's nice to see the guy was willing to keep his mouth shut :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:56 am 
Japanese Redneck

when i was sitting in his waiting room, I thought I saw some hot rod, car craft and Mustang Hi perf mags on the table. In the past, some of the people that I have met that were former referees were all about getting around all the smog law BS. They didn't necessarily like the smog laws they had to enforce and knew they were unfair. Still... I didn't think he would let me slide on something so blatent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:05 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

man i just now realized what the hell the baby is doing under you name, i feel like an idiot, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:41 pm 
Japanese Redneck

LOL. its a pretty cool avatar but the kid lifts off the throttle when he shifts... not a picture of my kid... lol. and damn i just realized that was post 300 already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:37 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Man i am clueless on this shit where do you get the avatars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:22 am 
lol.. it is a sweet avatar... hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:15 am 
Japanese Redneck

rustobust wrote:
Man i am clueless on this shit where do you get the avatars

google search my friend... or you can do what I do... Steal them from people on other message boards.